We are heading into winter here in Australia and there’s nothing more wonderful to have in the morning than a sweet, warm bowl of oatmeal. I personally also like to start my day with a protein hit so what better to have than a sweet, cinnamon, high-protein breakfast bowl? It’s simple and quick to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
I fell in love with snickerdoodles while visiting the U.S. last year. For those who have never had the pleasure of eating them, snickerdoodles are chewy, sweet cinnamon sugar cookies that for some reason are nowhere to be found in Australia but sold in almost every grocery store in the U.S. Luckily, PES have brought out a snickerdoodle flavoured protein power that satisfies my snickerdoodle cravings. I’ve used it in this recipe but if it’s not available to you then you can substitute a scoop of vanilla protein power and some cinnamon instead.
Sweet cinnamon breakfast bowl recipe
- 1 scoop PES Snickerdoodle Protein
- 35g rolled oats
- 90g fat free Chobani Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Raw C coconut water
- Toppings (if desired). I used cacao nibs and blueberries but other topping ideas include raisins, shredded coconut, berries, fruit, nuts.
- In a blender or food processor, add the protein, oats, yoghurt and coconut water.
- Blend ingredients on high until a thick, smooth consistency forms.
- Once blended, transfer ingredients to a small saucepan. Heat on low for approximately 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into bowl, add toppings and enjoy.
– 4g fat
– 27g carbohydrates
(6g sugar & 6g fibre)
– 38g protein