This recipe has been adapted from Alyce Alexandra’s “Quick Fix in the Thermomix”.
- 1 to ½ tsp cinnamon (depending on your taste)
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 100g almonds
- 80g walnuts
- 130g honey
- 40g melted butter
- 300g organic oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 20g sesame seeds
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g raisins
- 60g coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, almond and walnuts.
- Place above mixture in a saucepan. Add honey and butter and heat for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and continue stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly across a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Toast in over for 10 minutes. Then stir mixture and continue baking for 6-8 minutes. Make sure you watch the mixture as it can burn quickly.
- Allow mixture to cool and store in airtight container.
Granola is best served with Greek-style yoghurt and some fresh fruit.
Macros per 40g serving:
- Fat: 10.6g
- Carbs: 17.5g
- Fibre: 3.6g
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Protein: 4.9g