This Berry Bowl tastes like a perfect mixture between sorbet and frozen yoghurt – it’s fruity and sweet, creamy and thick and a perfect snack for any time of the day.
I sourced many of my ingredients from The Modern Pantry, an Australian online health-food store which stocks a wide range of products and has quickly become one of my favourite websites as I embark on my more holistically based approach to health and fitness.
- 100g frozen blueberries
- 50g frozen raspberries
- 100g frozen mangos
- 1 tbsp Nakula Organic Coconut Water
- 1 tbsp Bare Blends freeze-dried berry powder
- 2 tbsp Protein Supplies Australia Whey Protein Isolate – Strawberry & Acai flavour
- 1 tsp Cacao Nibs
- Blend together the frozen berries, mangos, coconut water, Bare Blends and Protein until a thick consistency forms. Feel free to add some more coconut water if the mixture is too thick.
From what I’ve read, a smoothie blender works best to create the desired consistency (similar to an Acai bowl or frozen yoghurt) but I used a Bamix handheld blender in a tall container and it turned out fine.
- Spoon the mixture into a glass or bowl, top with Cacao Nibs & enjoy.
Alternatively, you can choose to top the Berry Bowl with yummy things like homemade granola, fresh fruit, nuts, chia seeds, dried fruit or coconut flakes.
I have calculated the nutritional information for the whole recipe, which is enough to make a big Berry Bowl or two moderate sized ones.
Total calories: approx 329
The berry bowl also contains about 25% RDI of Vitamin A and approximately 90% RDI of Calcium plus a whole lot of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.